Each week, we’ll poll employees here and readers out in the blogosphere about some of their recommendations for food, drink, music and/or entertainment to indulge in over the weekend. Blogger Dave Choate is your guide to all things relaxing in this post.
Here in New England, there’s rain and possibly even snow in the forecast for Saturday. For those of you lucky enough to enjoy good weather this weekend, I have one piece of advice.
Don’t consider this an authoratative list or anything, but here’s some of the things you can do under the warm sun that are either productive or just plain awesome:
- Work on your yard. With a stubborn, thorny, deep-rooted rose bush squatting near my front step, leftover leaves laying on my lawn and a giant branch that crushed the fence next to my home, I took advantage of good weather last weekend to start cleaning up. It feels good to get out there and do some work, honestly.
- Have a cookout. If you can resist the siren call of sizzling steaks on the grill and a few beers in the backyard, you’re a better man than I am.
- Go for a walk, run, bicycle or motorcycle ride. Heck, just roll down the windows on your car. Spring is in full swing, so you might as well enjoy the fresh air.
- Play sports. Even though I’m terrible at it, I’m eagerly awaiting the first chance to play basketball outside of a stuffy gym this spring.
- Just sit outside and enjoy it. It won’t be long before the mosquitoes and flies make sustained outdoor adventures a nuisance, so soak it in while you can.
How do you intend to enjoy your weekend? Let us know.